Saturday, September 15, 2007

Kids Discover their Unique Writing Neighborhoods



This week, students took the concept of "neighborhood" to a new level by drawing a place that had eight to ten significant memories for them. Some drew their back yards, including the places they remembered hiding out, breaking a bone, or building a fort; others drew their camp and all of the poignant places that made the camp special to them. Whether showing a yard, a camp, a house, a vacation spot, or a closet, the students worked to convey special places with special memories. They will use these memories as they think about the memoirs they will begin writing next week.

2 comments:

Darius6 said...

I loved doing that project. I thought it was a very fun project, but since I have a boring and small neighborhood, it was kind of easy for me to draw my neighborhood. If I had more of an exciting neighborhood, It would have been a little more fun. Overall, I thought that project was great!
-Darius..out

Anonymous said...

I think it was a pretty fun project. It wasn't the best project I've done but it was cool. I had a good time making a map of my grandparents farm. It brought back some memories of great times I have there.
Peace,
from elliot nick